Natural fibers are obtained from plants, animals, or substances. Cotton, silk, and wool include products of different natural fibers. Natural fibers are classified into two categories based on their root: animals and plants. But, the question that arises is how to identify the quality of natural fibers?
Learn how to recognize the quality of natural fibers and why they're such a great way to stay trendy while being cool and comfortable.
Different natural fibers
- Animal fibers: Wool, hair, and secretions, such as Angora, Camel, Cashmere, Mohair, Silk and Wool.
- Plant fibers include cotton, jute, coir, silk cotton, hemp, Abaca, Ramie, Sisal and flax. Cotton is used to manufacture denim, which is used to make jeans.
Cotton is a kind of shrub. It thrives in a warm environment and dark soil. Moderate rainfall is required. Cotton is a soft fiber that develops around the cotton plant's seeds. Cotton is used to make a wide range of textiles. It's practically pure cellulose, with the softness and breathability that have made it the most popular natural fiber on the planet. The diameter of the fibers ranges from 11 to 22 microns, while the length ranges from 10 to 65 mm. Cotton absorbs moisture quickly, making it pleasant to wear in hot weather, and its high tensile strength in washing solutions makes it simple to wash. Cotton is the most frequently used natural fiber on the planet, and it is still the unquestioned "monarch" of the textiles industry.
Method used by Indian moms - Fabric identification by appearance and feel/touch
In today's Indian market, there are many different sorts of materials, each with its own fiber composition. Each sample can't be examined in a lab to determine its viability and shelf life. As a result, Indian moms rely over-identification by looks and touch of fabric.
Following are some physical characteristics of fibers used by Indian moms to identify fabrics:
- Cotton offers numerous benefits, including the capacity to manage moisture, insulate, and give comfort, as well as being hypoallergenic, weather-proof, and long-lasting fabric.
- Silk materials are silky smooth to the touch, as well as brilliant and lustrous to the eye. Silk materials are gently stroked by the fingertips.
- Woolen textiles have little projecting fiber hairs and are coarse to the touch.
- Fabrics made of polyester and rayon are silky smooth to the touch and lustrous to the eye. These textiles are difficult to crush.
- Twill textiles have a diagonal pattern and a coarse texture.
- Loops or a short hairy structure may be seen in napped materials (pile and velvet). It has a silky feel to it.
- Nylon and satin materials are incredibly slick to the touch and reflect a lot of light.
Different cotton thicknesses for different seasons
- Cotton Batiste: They are light weighted and used for summer dresses, blouses, lingerie, and handkerchiefs are all available.
- Cotton jersey: It's a catch-all term for a variety of knitted materials and heavyweights. T-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies may all be used. In general, for the winter!
- Bengaline: Bengaline may be manufactured from a variety of fibers such as cotton, polyester, rayon, and others. Lycra/elastane is often used to impart flexibility. Trousers, jackets, raincoats, and outfits are often made from it. It is good to use on rainy days!
- Twill: The lines are visible on heavyweight textiles, although they are quite inconspicuous on certain lightweight materials. Shirts are made in lightweight variants, whereas pants, classic trench coats, and other items are made in heavyweight varieties. Excellent autumnal attire!
- Jacquard: Weight varies, both lightweight and heavyweight jacquard kaftans and upholstery. Dresses, skirts, sarees, and curtains are some of the items that are available. This is a fantastic pick for spring!
Fledgling Wings top picks!
- Dresses: Wear sophisticated and gorgeous Fledgling Wings dresses, constructed from lightweight and breathable fabric, to push sartorial elegance down the road. This cotton is gentle on the skin and will keep you at rest in elegance. It was designed with ultimate perfection. To offer you a distinctive style, the front incorporates a buttoned closing. With a vibrant and eye-catching pattern, Fledgling Wings dresses are made to suit you ideally. It features a tie-waist, which will undoubtedly get you accolades for your sophisticated sense of style.
- Caftans: Fledgling Wings offers Caftan dress cover-up is constructed of high-quality cotton that has no structure and flows beautifully. For ultimate comfort and wearability, it is highly forgiving and loose fitting. The colors are bright and one-of-a-kind. Each caftan is one-of-a-kind and timeless. Color combinations are one-of-a-kind. Can be worn as a dress, a coverup at the beach, or for summer parties and evenings out!
About Fledgling Wings
Fledgling Wings are always striving to incorporate Indian clothing's tradition into contemporary fashion trends. As a result, they are continually testing and trying new clothes from craftspeople in order to improve your experience. They test everything for you, from fabric to washing to ironing.
Fledgling Wings care about the environment, which is why they've joined with onetreeplanted.org to aid with reforestation in the aftermath of wildfires on the West Coast of the United States. Every purchase contributes to a cleaner environment. They choose their items with great care, and one of their criteria is that they be made of natural fibers. To cut down on waste, they don't order merchandise in bulk. Fledgling Wings have a fashionable and sustainable wardrobe set for you all! So what are you waiting for? Hurry and visit Fledgling Wings website to place an order!